Scott J. Corwin, the principal of the firm, received his Bachelor of Arts degree and graduated with Departmental Honors in History from UCLA in 1985. At UCLA he was awarded both a Chancellor's Scholarship and Alumni Scholarship. Mr. Corwin was a member of the Dean's Honor List and Phi Alpha Theta, the International History Honors Society while at UCLA. Mr. Corwin received his Juris Doctorate from the USC Gould School of Law in 1990. In law school he was a member of the Dean's Honor List, nominated to the National Dean's List, a member of Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity and served as a Delegate to its Biennial National Convention.
Mr. Corwin is admitted to practice law before the California Supreme Court and United States Supreme Court, as well as all of the Federal District Courts in California and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Over the past 25 years, Scott J. Corwin has recovered more than $125,000,000 for more than 3,000 clients who were victims of the negligence of others. Mr. Corwin's primary area of practice is personal injury with an emphasis on motor vehicle accidents.
Mr. Corwin has been named a Southern California Super Lawyer for 2021 by Los Angeles Magazine; this is the 15th year in a row he has been honored, having been recognized as a Super Lawyer from 2007 to 2020. Scott was named a Top 100 Super Lawyer in 2015 and 2016 as well. Only 5% of attorneys are selected for this honor. Super Lawyers are selected for attaining a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement in their field of expertise. Super Lawyers are nominated through a survey of Southern California lawyers and then final selections are made by a blue-ribbon review panel of leading attorneys.
Scott J. Corwin was awarded the prestigious 2015 Litigator Award for Auto Accident Litigation, Motorcycle Accident Litigation and Spinal Injuries Litigation. This award is given for extraordinary achievement within these fields. Of the nearly 1.1 Million lawyers considered, only a select few in each state receive this award. This places Mr. Corwin in the Top 1% of all lawyers nationwide. Mr. Corwin also received this award in 2014 for Catastrophic Injury and Motorcycle Accident Litigation.
Scott J. Corwin is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is recognized as one of the most prestigious group of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won multi-million-dollar verdicts, awards and settlements. There are less than 700 members nationwide. Forum membership acknowledges excellence in legal advocacy.
The prestigious National Trial Lawyers Association (NTLA) again selected Mr. Corwin as a member in 2019. The NTLA is composed of the top 100 trial lawyers from each state. Membership is obtained through special invitation and is extended only to those attorneys who exemplify superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature and profile as civil plaintiff or criminal defense trial lawyers. It is the mission of The NTLA to promote excellence in the legal profession through practical educational programs, networking opportunities and legal publications that deal with current issues facing the American trial lawyer. It is a significant honor to be selected for inclusion. This is the 12th year in a row Mr. Corwin has been so honored, having been selected for membership from 2010 through 2020.
In addition, Scott was named a "Top 25" Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyer and a "Top 25" Brain Injury Trial Lawyer by the NTLA for 2021; again, the 12th consecutive year he has been so honored.
He was selected for the Lifetime Achievement, America's Top 100 Attorneys, on October 6, 2016. This honor is by invitation only and is reserved to identify the nation's most exceptional attorneys whose accomplishments and impact on the legal profession merit a Lifetime Achievement Award. Selection is based on a lifetime of hard work, ethical standards, and community enriching accomplishments that are inspiring among the legal profession. Less than one-half percent (0.5%) of active attorneys in the United States receive this honor.
Mr. Corwin has served as a member of the Board of Governors of the Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC) since November 2006. CAOC is the California statewide organization of more than 3,000 attorneys who represent injured consumers who are victims of negligence and intentional conduct by corporate and individual wrongdoers. CAOC's mission includes preserving the right to trial by jury, prevention of injury through concerted efforts to secure safe products, a safe workplace, a clean environment, and quality health care, and to uphold the honor and dignity of the legal profession and the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity. For the past seven years as a member of the Board of Governors of CAOC, Scott J. Corwin continues his fight to protect the civil justice system and to provide access to justice for all. He also served on the CAOC Legislative, Bylaws, Elections and Budget Committees, as well as the Small Case Task Force Sub Committee.
Mr. Corwin was honored at the November 13, 2014 Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC) 53rd Annual Convention, where he was presented with the CAOC Presidential Award for 2014. Mr. Corwin was recognized by CAOC for his achievements and service to the organization.
Mr. Corwin has served 15 consecutive terms as a member of the Board of Governors of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) since January 2005. In 2014 Mr. Corwin became an emeritus member of the CAALA Board of Governors. Mr. Corwin is a member of the CAALA Governmental Relations Committee and the ad hoc Insurance Company Task Force, where he serves as the Task Force's liaison to the CAOC Board. Mr. Corwin served as the Chair of the CAALA Political Action Committee, an unprecedented seven terms as the Chair from 2005-07 and 2009-12. During his seven-year tenure as PAC Chair he raised over $750,000 for the CAALA PAC and more than quintupled its membership in order to support pro consumer candidates and protect the civil justice system. He also serves as a member of the CAALA Governmental Relations, Public Relations and Education Committees. Scott served as the co-chair the CAALA Membership Committee in both 2014 and 2015.
The Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) has honored Scott J. Corwin for outstanding contributions to the organization for an unprecedented six years with CAALA Presidential Awards for 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012 and most recently 2015.
As a tireless consumer advocate, Mr. Corwin has worked continuously to protect the civil justice system, consumer rights and victims of corporate malfeasance, by helping to elect members to the California State Legislature, the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives who seek to preserve our system of civil justice. To this end, Mr. Corwin has raised over $2 million for candidates for local, state, and federal offices since 2004.
In order to stay current on the latest medical research, Mr. Corwin maintains memberships in the National Spinal Cord Injury Association, the Brain Injury Association of America, Brain Injury Association of California, the International Brain Injury Association and the North American Brain Injury Society. These respected national and international organizations provide ongoing education and information to their members.
Mr. Corwin serves as a frequent speaker for the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), at its annual Convention as well as at Seminars, Webinars and Round Table Discussions throughout the year. Mr. Corwin has chaired, served as the program moderator, or speaker for a variety of educational seminars, including the CAALA Membership Practice Series Round Table Discussion on "Banking, Budgeting & Financing for the Solo Firm, "Pre-Litigation Panel" on the topic of "First Steps in the Pre-Litigation Phase: Initial Client Interview to Filing" as it pertains to motor vehicle accidents, as well as a panel speaker at the CAALA annual Las Vegas Convention. The CAALA Convention is the largest local Trial Lawyers Association convention with more than 3,000 attendees annually. Scott is a respected and recognized expert in this area of the law.
Mr. Corwin is also a frequent published author in the consumer legal field. His article entitled "How to Start and Manage a PI Law Practice: Simple and easy steps to Manage, Operate & Market Your Solo Practice or small Firm," was published in the May 2013 CAALA Advocate Magazine. The Advocate is the Journal of Consumer Attorneys Associations for Southern California.
Mr. Corwin is a member of the Beverly Hills Bar Association (BHBA) where he has served as a member of the Ethics Committee, Law & Justice Committee, Legislation Committee, Minority & Diversity Committee, Litigation Section, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section and Homeless Project Barristers Committee. Mr. Corwin also served as a member of the Beverly Hills Bar Association's Pro-Bono Mandatory Fee Arbitration Panel.
Scott J. Corwin served as the 2016 President of the Board of Governors of The Los Angeles Trial Lawyers' Charities (LATLC). Mr. Corwin is the 2021 co-chair of the website committee, and serves as a member of the partner charities, budget and bylaws committees. LATLC is a non-profit organization founded in 2006, funded and maintained by attorneys practicing within the greater Los Angeles Area. Its members are committed to making a positive difference in the quality of life for people within the greater Los Angeles community by focusing on issues related to battered women, children, the homeless, persons with disabilities, and education. Mr. Corwin has served on the LATLC Board since 2013.
Mr. Corwin was honored at the April 21, 2018 Los Angeles Trial Lawyers' Charities (LATLC) 5th Annual Casino Night and Texas Hold 'em Tournament, where he was presented with the LATLC Presidential Award for 2018 by LATLC President, Geraldine Weiss. Nick-named the "Scottie" - Ms. Weiss presented Mr. Corwin with the award for outstanding achievement to the organization in helping raise more than $4.5 million for charity over the past five years and being the Chair of the LATLC Casino Night for each of its five years in succession. This is an unprecedented fourth time Mr. Corwin has been recognized by LATLC for his outstanding dedication and service to the organization, having been awarded the LATLC Presidential Award twice in 2014 and once in 2015.
Through Scott's leadership, LATLC has grown from a $75,000 per year, 50-member organization to a more than $1.5 million per year, 3,000-member non-profit with a significant impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of individuals in Southern California. Because of his profound impact on the community, Scott was selected as a finalist for the American Association of Justice (AAJ) Trial Lawyers Care (TLC) award in the years 2015, 2016, and 2017. AAJ selects fewer than a dozen finalists nationwide, each year.
Mr. Corwin supports numerous charitable causes and serves on the Board of several other non-profit organizations. Mr. Corwin has raised more than $3 million for charitable causes.
Scott is a Director's Circle member of the UCLA Wooden Athletic Fund for 2021. He has been a member of the Wooden Athletic Fund since 1996. Together, members of the Wooden Athletic Fund team provide invaluable support for all 700 UCLA student athletes, and every gift has a positive impact on their ability to succeed in the classroom, in competition and in the community. Mr. Corwin also serves as a Leadership Donor to the UCLA Pauley Pavilion Campaign of Champions from 2009 through 2019.
Mr. Corwin's other charitable involvement includes the Disability Rights Education Defense Fund, Heal the Bay, Concern Cancer Foundation, American Cancer Society, Clare Foundation, New Roads High School, Willows Community School, Marquez Charter Elementary School, The Saban Free Clinic, The UCLA Foundation, YMCA, American Red Cross, the Salvation Army and Ocean Park Community Center.
Mr. Corwin devotes a significant amount of time to pro bono legal work, which includes assisting parents of children with special needs and developmental disabilities. He has also successfully fought for progressive legislation that protects disabled children in the State of California and provides them with the resources necessary to have their basic educational needs met.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Accidents
- Truck & Bus Accidents
- Serious & Catastrophic Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- California, 1992
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1990
- Honors: Member, Dean's Honor List
- Honors: National Dean's List
- Honors: Member, Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity
- Honors: Delegate to its Biennial National Convention
- University of California, Los Angeles
- B.A. - 1985
- Honors: Chancellors and Alumni Scholarships
- Honors: With Departmental Honors
- Honors: Member, Dean's Honor List
- Honors: Member, Phi Alpha Theta
- Honors: Member, International History Honors Society
- Major: History
- Article, How to Start and Manage a PI Law Practice: Simple and easy steps to Manage, Operate & Market Your Solo Practice or Small Firm, Advocate Magazine,Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) , May, 2013
- Article, Budgeting, Financial and Banking Issues in the Solo or Small Practice, Advocate Magazine, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), May , 2011
- Program Moderator, Banking, Budgeting & Financing for the Solo Firm, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) Membership Roundtable, October 2015
- Program Moderator, Law Firm Marketing, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) Membership Roundtable, July 2015
- Speaker, Business for New Lawyers: How to Start, Build and Run Your Practice, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) Membership Roundtable, March 2015
- Program Moderator, Legal Research Tools for the PI Practice, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) Membership Roundtable, November 2014
- Program Moderator, Software and Technology, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) Membership Roundtable, April 2014
- Program Speaker, Banking, Budgeting & Financing for the Solo Firm, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) Membership Roundtable, February 2014
- Program Speaker, Marketing Tactics, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) Membership Roundtable, September 2013
- Speaker, Business for New Lawyers, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) Webinar, 2013
- Panel Speaker, Pre-Litigation Client Preparation, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) 30th Annual Las Vegas Convention, 2012
- Panel Speaker, First Steps in the Pre-Litigation Phase: Initial Client Interview to Filing, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) 30th Annual Las Vegas Convention, 2012
- Panel Speaker, The Business of Law, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) 28th Annual Las Vegas Convention, 2010
- Panel Speaker, Budgeting, Financing & Banking for the Solo Practitioner, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) 28th Annual Las Vegas Convention, 2010
Honors and Awards
- Southern California Super Lawyers, 2007 - 2021
- National Trial Lawyers Association (NTLA) Top 100 Lawyers California, 2010 – 2021
- National Trial Lawyers Association (NTLA) Top 25 Motor Vehicle Accident Trial Lawyers California, 2010 – 2021
- National Trial Lawyers Association (NTLA) Top 25 Brain Injury Trial Lawyers in California, 2010 – 2021
- America’s Top 100 Lawyers (2018)
- Presidential Award, Los Angeles Trial Lawyers’ Charities (LATLC) 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018
- Top 100 Southern California Super Lawyers, 2015 – 2016
- 2015 Litigator Award for Catastrophic Injury, Automobile Accidents, Spinal Cord Injury and Motorcycle Accidents (Top 1% Nationwide)
- 2014 Litigator Award for Catastrophic Injury and Motorcycle Accidents (Top 1% Nationwide)
- Life Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Inducted in 2010
- Life Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Inducted in 2001
- Presidential Award, Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC) 2014
- Presidential Award, Consumer Attorneys Association Los Angeles (CAALA) 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010 and 2012
- California State Assembly Honorary Resolutions
- California State Senate Honorary Resolutions
- City of Los Angeles Certificate of Recognition
- Life Member, Presidential Who's Who of Professionals and Business Executives, Inducted 2010
- American Jurisprudence Book Award in Civil Procedure
- Life Member of the California Scholarship Federation
- City of Los Angeles Award of Merit
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities (LATLC), President, 2016 to 2016
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities (LATLC), Vice-President, 2015 to 2015
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities (LATLC), Treasurer, 2014 to 2014
- Executive Committee, Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities (LATLC), Member, 2014 to Present
- Board of Governors, Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities (LATLC), Member, 2013 to Present
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), Member, Board of Governors, 2006 to Present
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), Member, Board of Governors, 2005 to Present
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), Emeritus Member, Board of Governors, 2015
- Western Trial Lawyers Association (WTLA), Member, Board of Directors, 2010 to 2011
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) Membership Committee, Co-Chair, 2014 to 2015
- CAALA, Political Action Committee (PAC), Chair, 2005-2008 and 2010-2012
- CAOC Small Case Task Force Sub Committee to the CAALA Board, Liaison, 2007 –2010, 2014-2015
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- American Bar Association (ABA), Member
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice (TLPJ), Member
- State Bar of California, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), Lifetime Sustaining Member
- Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association (MVTLA), Member
- Motorcycle Injury Trial Lawyers Association (MITLA), Member
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (APITLA), Member
- National Brain Injury Trial Lawyers Association (NBITLA), Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA), Member, 2005 to Present
- Beverly Hills Bar Association (BHBA), Member, 2005 to Present
- National Spinal Cord Injury Association (NSCIA), Member
- International Brain Injury Association (IBIA), Member
- North American Brain Injury Society (NABIS), Member
- Brain Injury Association of America (BIUSA), Member
- Brain Injury Association of California (BICAL), Member
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) Trial Lawyers Care (TLC), Committee Member, 2016 to 2019
- CAOC, Legislative Committee, Member, 2006 to Present
- CAOC, Development Committee, Member, 2010 to Present
- CAOC, Small Case Task Force Sub Committee, Member, 2007 to Present
- CAOC, Bylaws Committee, Member, 2007 to 2008
- CAOC, Elections Committee, Member, 2007 to 2008
- CAOC, Budget Committee, Member, 2006 to 2008
- CAALA, Governmental Relations Committee, Member, 2005 to Present
- CAALA, Public Relations Committee, Member, 2008 to Present
- CAALA, Education Committee, Member, 2008 to Present
- CAALA, Membership Committee, Member, 2014 to Present
- CAALA, Ad Hoc Insurance Company Task Force, Member, 2007 to 2010
- LACBA, Litigation Section, Member, 2005 to Present
- BHBA, Ethics Committee, Member, 2005 to Present
- BHBA, Law & Justice Committee, Member, 2005 to Present
- BHBA, Litigation Section, Member, 2005 to Present
- BHBA, Legislation Committee, Member, 2005 to 2010
- BHBA, Minority & Diversity Committee, Member, 2005 to 2010
- BHBA, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, Member, 2005 to 2010
- BHBA, Barristers Committee Homeless Project, Member, 2005 to 2010
- BHBA, Pro Bono Mandatory Fee Arbitration Panel, Member, 2005 to 2010
- Casino Night Committee, Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities (LATLC), Chair, 2014 to 2018
- Development Committee, Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities (LATLC), Co-Chair, 2014 to 2017
- Website Committee, Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities (LATLC), Co-Chair, 2014 to 2019
- Golf Tournament Committee, Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities (LATLC), Member, 2015 to 2015
- Member, President’s Club, CAOC, 2012 to Present
- Member, CAOC Advocates Club, 2012 to Present
- Director’s Circle Member, UCLA Wooden Athletic Fund, 1996 to 2019
- Leadership Donor, UCLA Pauley Pavilion Campaign of Champions, 2009 to 2013
- Member, CAALA PAC, 2005 to Present
- Chair, Vista Del Mar Child & Family Services Annual Poker Tournament, 2011 to 2011
- Chair, Vista Del Mar Child & Family Services Annual Poker Tournament, 2011
- Treasurer, Member, Executive Committee and Board of Trustees, University Synagogue, 2005 to 2005
- Co-Chair, Architectural & Construction Committees, University Synagogue, 2004 to 2005
"5+ Stars for this attorney! There is no better in my book. Thank you for being a great attorney and being there for me when I needed someone on my side. This is the attorney to hire!"
"Scott Corwin exceeded my expectations. He walked me through the entire process but didn't waste my time. He was professional, aggressive, communicative, and efficient. If you want the best, you've found him."
"Scott was diligent, professional, compassionate, honest, and responsive. Scott was able to get me 10 times more than I thought I would receive for my accident. I couldn't recommend a better personal injury lawyer."
"Mr. Corwin is truly an amazing professional with outstanding tenacity and incredible skill for the law. If you want an Attorney that will work and breathe your case, day and night, then Mr. Corwin is the right man."
"I was told that Scott's the best, and he didn't let me down. From the first meeting all the way down through settlement I felt like my interests were being represented by someone knowledgeable, skilled, and that genuinely cared about my outcome."
"The settlement Scott obtained for me has provided my family with the security we need for the future. I recommend Scott Corwin to anyone injured in an accident, whether it's a small case or a life altering injury. He will fight to get you what you deserve."
"The "Force" is with this man! I'm grateful for Mr. Corwin's professionalism and highly recommend him to anyone in need of hi-caliber legal representation."
"Fast, easy, reliable, friendly, and hardworking! Fastest results I've ever heard of. I have only praises to sing about Scott! Will definitely be sending all my friends his way!"
"I got into an accident and I thank god I found Scott Corwin right away. I was treated with respect and all my questions or concerns were always readily answered. He is a rare gem and I highly recommend him."
"I appreciate you for the respectful manner in which you interact with your clients. My experience with you was exactly what I think an attorney client relationship should be. Your keen sensibilities set you apart. You are the consummate professional."
"I'd recommend Scott to anyone and call upon his services again with no hesitation. He's truly a "super lawyer" -- do not wait another minute - you have found your man. Retain him, follow his instructions, and move on with your life. He'll handle everything - what a relief!"
"I located Scott due to stellar reviews that I found online. He exceeded my expectations and I could not be happier with my settlement."
"I was very lucky to come across Scott J. Corwin. Scott made sure I got all the medical treatment I needed. I have worked with many attorneys in the past but Scott is by far the most knowledgeable, responsible, and detail-oriented. I highly recommend him."
"You did a tremendous job! I was extremely surprised and happy with my settlement amount. It was higher than I expected! You definitely are the Super Lawyer!"
"If you need a personal injury attorney who listens, cares about you, is candid, thorough, reassuring, who will be your legal advocate to protect your rights, and will do all he can to obtain the best possible settlement for you, then Scott J. Corwin is that lawyer."
"I have worked with many attorneys in the past but Scott is by far the most knowledgeable, responsible, and detail-oriented attorney I have worked with. I highly recommend him."
"Thank you for your professionalism. You maximized the result for your client and did so much faster than 99% of lawyers ever could or would."
"I am not sure dealing with the aftermath of an accident can ever be hassle-free, but using Scott as your lawyer is about as close as you'll ever get. I give him my most enthusiastic recommendation."
"I enormously appreciate all of the help and hard work you've done for me and for taking care of my doctor's bills."
"Scott was kind, caring and compassionate as well as being an aggressive attorney who was not afraid to take on the insurance company for us. He dealt with everything so I didn't have to deal with anything. I give Scott my highest recommendation."