justice delivered

for Motor Vehicle Accident Victims

May is bicycle safety month

On Behalf of | May 23, 2016 | Bicycle Accidents |

The California Highway Safety Patrol (CHP) is reminding bicyclists and motorists that it’s critical that they share the roadway together in a safe manner. It’s for this reason throughout the month of May bicycle safety is being shared with the California public. Because California’s weather allows cyclists to use the roadways year-round, it’s critical for the public to embrace this education throughout the month. 

Have keen awareness of the facts

Bicycle safety should be an everyday practice and with that in mind, let’s look at the statistics regarding injuries and fatalities in bicycle accidents. Unfortunately, cyclists experience head injuries most often when they experience and accident and according to the Institute for Highway Safety, nearly 2% of collision victims involve bicyclists. By their estimate, wearing a helmet reduces the odds of head injury by 50%. Motorists should also be aware that these accidents typically occur either late in the afternoon or during the evening hours. Nearly 48% of fatalities occur from 4:00 p.m. until midnight.

The “Three Feet for Safety Act”

In 2014, California enacted safety laws drivers must abide by to help improve conditions not only for bicyclists but motorists as well. The law, referred to as the “Three Feet for Saftey Act” means that drivers must allow for at least three feet between bicyclists and their vehicle as they pass. This legislation is not only helpful for bicyclists, but also for motorists because it prevents them from potentially causing an accident.

The need for more public education

Despite the passage of this law, there is still a need for public education and awareness. There were 133 bicycle fatalities in California during 2015 as the result of collisions with vehicles following the passage of this safety law. This statistic represents a decrease of 23% since 2013 and, since then, the number has fallen again. However, the number of fatalities is still far too high.

Contact a personal injury attorney

If you are a bicyclist and have been injured while on riding on California’s roadways, you should contact an experienced personal injury attorney. In addition to answering each of your questions and addressing your concerns, your lawyer will assist you with determining a strategy for your case from start to finish. 


Bg Testimonials

"5+ Stars for this attorney! There is no better in my book. Thank you for being a great attorney and being there for me when I needed someone on my side. This is the attorney to hire!"

"Scott Corwin exceeded my expectations. He walked me through the entire process but didn't waste my time. He was professional, aggressive, communicative, and efficient. If you want the best, you've found him."

"Scott was diligent, professional, compassionate, honest, and responsive. Scott was able to get me 10 times more than I thought I would receive for my accident. I couldn't recommend a better personal injury lawyer."

"Mr. Corwin is truly an amazing professional with outstanding tenacity and incredible skill for the law. If you want an Attorney that will work and breathe your case, day and night, then Mr. Corwin is the right man."

"I was told that Scott's the best, and he didn't let me down. From the first meeting all the way down through settlement I felt like my interests were being represented by someone knowledgeable, skilled, and that genuinely cared about my outcome."

"The settlement Scott obtained for me has provided my family with the security we need for the future. I recommend Scott Corwin to anyone injured in an accident, whether it's a small case or a life altering injury. He will fight to get you what you deserve."

"The "Force" is with this man! I'm grateful for Mr. Corwin's professionalism and highly recommend him to anyone in need of hi-caliber legal representation."

"Fast, easy, reliable, friendly, and hardworking! Fastest results I've ever heard of. I have only praises to sing about Scott! Will definitely be sending all my friends his way!"

"I got into an accident and I thank god I found Scott Corwin right away. I was treated with respect and all my questions or concerns were always readily answered. He is a rare gem and I highly recommend him."

"I appreciate you for the respectful manner in which you interact with your clients. My experience with you was exactly what I think an attorney client relationship should be. Your keen sensibilities set you apart. You are the consummate professional."

"I'd recommend Scott to anyone and call upon his services again with no hesitation. He's truly a "super lawyer" -- do not wait another minute - you have found your man. Retain him, follow his instructions, and move on with your life. He'll handle everything - what a relief!"

"I located Scott due to stellar reviews that I found online. He exceeded my expectations and I could not be happier with my settlement."

"I was very lucky to come across Scott J. Corwin. Scott made sure I got all the medical treatment I needed. I have worked with many attorneys in the past but Scott is by far the most knowledgeable, responsible, and detail-oriented. I highly recommend him."

"You did a tremendous job! I was extremely surprised and happy with my settlement amount. It was higher than I expected! You definitely are the Super Lawyer!"

"If you need a personal injury attorney who listens, cares about you, is candid, thorough, reassuring, who will be your legal advocate to protect your rights, and will do all he can to obtain the best possible settlement for you, then Scott J. Corwin is that lawyer."

"I have worked with many attorneys in the past but Scott is by far the most knowledgeable, responsible, and detail-oriented attorney I have worked with. I highly recommend him."

"Thank you for your professionalism. You maximized the result for your client and did so much faster than 99% of lawyers ever could or would."

"I am not sure dealing with the aftermath of an accident can ever be hassle-free, but using Scott as your lawyer is about as close as you'll ever get. I give him my most enthusiastic recommendation."

"I enormously appreciate all of the help and hard work you've done for me and for taking care of my doctor's bills."

"Scott was kind, caring and compassionate as well as being an aggressive attorney who was not afraid to take on the insurance company for us. He dealt with everything so I didn't have to deal with anything. I give Scott my highest recommendation."

Hear what our clients have to say

Get the Answers You Need Fast.
No Recovery, No Fee. Schedule a Free Consultation Today.