Steps To Take Following A Motorcycle Accident
What to Do Following a Motorcycle Accident
Statistics show that the vast majority of motorcycle accidents involving multiple vehicles are not the rider’s fault. So what should you do as a rider following an accident? The information you are able to gather at a motorcycle accident scene can have a positive impact on the success of any future claim you may file.
The motorcycle accident lawyers of Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation, recommend taking the following actions should you find yourself in a motorcycle accident:
- If you are able, make sure all accident victims are out of harm’s way. If you or someone needs medical attention, call 911 immediately. If you have them, place flares around the scene of the accident to warn others on the road. You can also use your hazard lights.
- If there was significant damage during the accident (over $500) or if anyone was injured, call the police. A police report can add credibility to your motorcycle accident claim.
- Exchange the following information with other drivers: name, address, phone number, insurance information and license numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident. Note make, model and description of other vehicles involved in the accident.
- Make notes about the motorcycle accident. This includes where, when, and how it happened. If you are able, specifically note the location, road conditions and weather. If possible, take pictures of the accident scene and vehicles involved as well as all drivers.
- Memories tend to warp or fade during a stressful experience, including motorcycle accidents. Try to obtain statements, contact information and notes from any witnesses that saw your motorcycle accident.
- Once you are able to, notify your insurance company of the motorcycle accident. In addition, let your insurance company know of any insurance claims made against you from the crash.
Scott J. Corwin has been recognized as a Southern California Super Lawyer, each year from 2007 through 2016. In 2015 Mr. Corwin was named a Top 100 Super Lawyer. Mr. Corwin has been named a member of the prestigious National Trial Lawyers Association, Top 100 Attorneys in California every year from 2010 through 2016. He has earned a 10.0 (“Superb”) rating from AVVO.
Free Consultation With Our Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you suffered an injury because of a motorcycle accident, contact our motorcycle accident injury lawyer Scott J. Corwin to schedule a free initial consultation by calling our office in Los Angeles at 866-477-1011. We serve clients throughout California in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange, San Diego, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties.