Bicycle Accidents Attorney Los Angeles
For many years, Los Angeles reigned as the bicycle capital of the world. Unfortunately, the city has also been home to thousands of bicycle related injuries and deaths. Cyclists are more vulnerable to serious injury than anyone else on the road. If you or a loved one was injured in a bicycle accident in Los Angeles, Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation, is prepared to take immediate legal action on your behalf to give you the maximum potential value for your claim.
Bicycle Accidents Law Los Angeles
Motorists often fail to see bicyclists. As a result, cyclists are often sideswiped, struck while a car is making a turn or struck head on. Without the protective steel and glass of a car, cyclists experience serious injuries such as broken bones, traumatic brain injury and death. A new danger to bicyclists in recent years which continues in 2019 is the prevalence of Uber, Lyft and other rideshare drivers on Los Angeles roads. Being hit by an Uber driver or struck by a Lyft vehicle is a real threat for LA bicyclists.
The bicycle accident lawyers of Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation, recommend taking the following actions should you find yourself in a bike accident:
- If you are able, make sure all accident victims are out of harm’s way. If you or someone needs medical attention, call 911 immediately. If you have them, place flares around the scene of the accident to warn others on the road. You can also use your hazard lights.
- Call the police department and ask them to come to the scene to take a report of the accident. If you are injured, emphasize that to the 911 operator.
- Exchange the following information with other drivers: name, address, phone number, insurance information and license numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident. Note make, model and description of other vehicles involved in the accident.
- Make notes about the bicycle accident. This includes where, when and how it happened. If you are able, specifically note the location, road conditions and weather.
- If possible, take pictures of the accident scene and vehicles involved as well as all drivers.
- Memories tend to warp or fade during a stressful experience, including bicycle accidents. Try to obtain statements, contact information and notes from any witnesses that saw your bicycle accident. Ask witnesses to remain on the scene until the police arrive so that the police may get the witnesses statements.
- Once you are able to, contact a qualified bicycle accident attorney immediately.
Scott J. Corwin has obtained more than $125 million, compensating clients for doctor bills, missed paychecks, and pain and misery. He places special focus on serious bicycle accident injuries in Los Angeles, representing more than 3,000 injured victims. Trust S cott Corwin with your bicycle injury case.
Mr. Corwin will work one-on-one with you to learn the facts of your case and help you understand your legal options. He will never hand your bike injury case off to a lesser-qualified associate or paralegal. When you have questions, he will be available to provide answers, and he handles your case from start to finish.
Free Consultation With Our Los Angeles Bicycle Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one was injured in a bicycle accident, contact Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation, at 866-477-1011 to schedule a free initial consultation. We handle cases in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange, San Diego, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties and throughout the state of California.