Steps To Take After a Bicycle Accident
From the moment you experience a bike accident, every action you take can possibly have a significant impact in determining your rights and options in the days and months to come. The following is intended to help you preserve evidence and legally protect yourself after a bike accident.
- Seek medical attention for those injured, including yourself during the bicycle accident.
- Contact the police and ask them to come to the accident scene and make a report of your bicycle accident.
- Gather information and evidence about the bicycle accident. This includes preserving damaged property, photographing the damage, vehicles and other drivers, writing down notes of the accident, getting the names and information of the others involved in the accident and getting the names, contact information and statements of witnesses to the accident.
- Have your bike shop manager observe, assess and document the damage to your bicycle.
- Report your accident to your car insurance company if you have one.
- Get a copy of the police report once it is available.
- Seek legal advice from an experienced bicycle accident attorney. Speak with an attorney who can properly advise you on your best course of action.
Attorney Scott J. Corwin has been representing injured people since 1992. He has helped more than 3,000 injured victims recover compensation for their injuries; altogether, he has recovered more than $125 million for his clients.
Free Consultation With Our Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has sustained a serious injury because of a bicycle accident, contact Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation, at 866-477-1011 to schedule a free initial consultation. We handle cases in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange, San Diego, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties and throughout the state of California.